CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

December 04, 2009

Day #4

Today was not a good day for me. Last night, when I planned my day it was full of Christmas fun and errands. I thought I was sooo smart and hit a 9am grand reopening of Ulta. First 100 customers got to pick random gift cards from $5-$100. I had Cody with me hoping that we could get in and get out. After all there was ONE thing I wanted. IT WAS A NIGHTMARE. Cody was not a good boy. The lady in front of me picked a $50 gift card and the lady behind me got a $25 gift card. I got a $5 card. Ugh...I was so annoyed. Then it was off to make Christmas cards wit Stefani. Another "Christmas" thing I was looking forward to working on. Again, Cody was not a good boy and could not keep his hands off the Christmas Tree or out of the candy bowls. I left there in hopes of hitting one more store for a specific christmas present (I had a 40% off coupon). I get to the store and my luck they are already having a sale and I can't use my coupon and the sale price isn't as good as my coupon but I drove across town so I had to buy it...blah blah blah....by 3pm, I was a little fed up with the hustle of Christmas. Not to mention, I told the kids we would doorbell ditch treats tonight- that didn't happen.

And to finish my long drawn out story...this year Eric and I decided not to put up our Christmas tree because Cody (FULL THROTTLE 2 YEAR OLD) is out of control. Since we aren't doing a tree, I have been dragging my feet about the other Christmas decorations. But I asked Eric to get in the attic and get down a few things. The first thing he handed me was one of my favorite decorations. This 3 foot snowman:

As soon as he handed it to me I felt better. Christmas was all of the sudden wonderful again (don't ask me why) Then I remembered that we had 2 new nativity sets this year. One that I love and one that Eric loves. From there I continued to decorate and I was HAPPY about it. I didn't do as much as I usually do but you can tell it is Christmas time when you walk into my house now.




Today I am thankful that a little decoration could change my whole attitude and help me remember and feel the true Spirit of Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Love your 2 new nativity sets Ashlee. Isnt christmas time the best! Especially when we dont have to be out in the hustle and bustle....why do we do that to ourselves???

    ReplyDelete