CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

December 16, 2009

Day #16

"A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost"
I can totally remember the day we took these family pictures. I love my family. I am so thankful that I have sisters. I am the middle sister, the peacemaker, our parents favorite, the tom boy, the one who has no fashion sense, the one with the grandson who can do no wrong and the one sister who can't do her own hair or make up for her wedding (because of my lack of ability and style). Even though my sisters gave me all those titles I still love them!! Today is my older sister, Tessa's Birthday. I purposely saved talking about my sisters until today (Tessa's thirty something birthday).
I have more memories of me and Jamie as young kids than I do of me and Tessa. I can remember lots of games and things we played (Kim and Kiera top the list). Growing up Tessa was never really interested in playing with me and Jamie because she is a few years older and was on to bigger and better things. But that didn't stop her and I from playing jokes on Jamie. We used to tell Jamie to watch out for black vans because that is what kidnappers drove. Jamie would freak out when we would be outside playing and a black van would drive by. We would all run screaming "KIDNAPPERS, KIDNAPPERS!" She never did figure out that our neighbors a few houses down drove a black van.. I think we were teenagers before we broke the truth to her about that. Tessa and I also told Jamie that she was adopted and her real name was Jamie Donn Anderson Pollmann. She really did believe us for YEARS...sometimes my mom still uses that full name (including the Anderson) if Jamie does something a little stupid. Despite teasing Jamie I have many many fond memories of playing with her when we were little.
As teenagers we all fought like crazy....pretty much just over wearing each others clothes. But as we got a little older it got a little easier and Tessa seemed to want to interact with us a little more. The first homecoming I went too was with Tessa (she was a senior and her boyfriend was the center of the varsity football team and I was a little ole' freshman) and she hooked me up with a SENIOR as my date. Not just any senior- JASON OPP!!! He was a hottie and I was soo cool!!! Tessa has always been a good protective big sister. Even when our relationship wasn't super close, she was the one person in the whole I trusted the most to tell my biggest secret ever (that secret won't be told now!!)
Now as adults the teasing continues but our relationships are different. We aren't just sisters, we are friends. We love to shop, eat and gossip...I mean talk! I am thankful for my sisters. For all they do for me and my family, for the memories I have of them and for their examples to me.
Jamie is a hard working, loving mom who would do anything for her kids. She is a talented hair dresser and could be a model!! She is active in church and a good example to her husband of the blessings living the Gospel can bring.
Tessa moved to Idaho several years ago so she isn't around for a lot of our family stuff. We all really miss her and her family. There isn't a prayer said during a family function that her and her family aren't mentioned by name. Tessa has made a happy and successful life for her family in Idaho. She is creative and driven in her work and at home. She is beautiful and fun. She is active in church and can handle a schedule with 4 busy kids!
I am thankful for my sisters! I love you both very much!! I am happy to be the middle Pollmann girl!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TESSA!!!

5 comments:

  1. thanks for the good cry - and for the record I am 29 AGAIN. Love ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture made my night-even called Matt in to get a good laugh. I have witnessed the special relationship between the Pollmann sisters. Your loyalty to each other is something to be admired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THAT PICTURE!!!! I have NEVER seen pictures of your childhood - so fun!!! You are all so cute - and your dad's suit is awesome :)! This makes me sad I didn't have a sister, but really grateful I have two daughters and that they have each other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I do love sisters. You are right growing up with them not always fun but now we have a ball when we are together. And Tracy was the sister we told silly things to...like hard boiled eggs will go raw again if left in the frig. She is so innocent. P.S. I not only love my sisters I love yours too because we are practically family :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK FOR REAL LIFE???!!!!!! did you really just tell every on that? I'm telling!

    ReplyDelete