CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

May 05, 2010

Parenting Moment

Connor has to give a talk in church (his first sacrament talk) on Mother's Day. His topic is something from the "For Strength of Youth" pamphlet with a "mothers twist". I told him to pick a topic, read it a couple time, think about it and then I would help him write his talk. He decided to use the topic of Family (easy enough to put the mother twist in). He read it and came right into my room and said "you want to hear something hecka weird mom?" I said "sure, what?" Connor: "everything in there is exactly what you tell me about me and Cooper. It says that we should be nice to our siblings because they are our best friends and it says that we should help with chores to make it easier on the whole family. Can you believe that mom, isn't that weird, it is exactly what you tell us!" My response, "Yea, Connor that isssssss weird!"

{This is not a "pat myself on the back" moment. This is a "gain a little credit" with my son moment because he just realized that my parenting comes from the Prophet and Heavenly Father. How do people raise kids without the Gospel?}

1 comment:

  1. how funny that he never connected where all the blah-blah-blah coming from your mouth actually comes from. i guess that's a good lesson to the rest of us that just because we take our kids to church every week, read from the scriptures with them, have fhe, and say our prayers, it doesn't necessarily mean they get that we parent by following the prophet's counsel!

    ReplyDelete