CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

February 21, 2009

Am I that lady...???


Today I went to a Bridal Shower given by The Busath sisters. The shower was for their soon to be sister in law. #1 I can't believe Bubba is getting married and #2 I realized today I am the lady I never wanted to be!! The shower was super fun! Good fun, good friends and a great reason to celebrate. While the presents were being opened I got the vague impression that the bride to be wasn't sure about the use of some of the items. The shower was a kitchen/ recipe theme so everything she got was for her kitchen and some came with recipes. I was the lady that was soooo excited about her gifts. Andi and I were (ok maybe it wasn't Andi so much but she played along with me) were drooling over some of her gifts. She got a deep fryer, a food processor, a nice big crockpot etc. All the things that I got at my shower and wondered what in the world I would ever need or do with those things. Now that I am married and have kids, I rely on those items everyday to cook. It was a sad realization to me that the sweet young bride was probably thinking..."we will take this stuff back and use the cash to buy a TV" while I was thinking "man, I really need a new one of those". Thanks Andi and Katie for the fun shower and for....well making me feel old! Can't wait to dance at the reception!

3 comments:

  1. Okay only for you I am going to admit this...After the shower, when the boys were napping I totally went online to look up a new food processor and a smaller fryer, since we already have a huge fryer for turkeys and a crockpot! Thanks for coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, you are just sooooo old. you gonna dance like an old women at the reception too? too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so i'm not gonna lie...while i was reading the comment you left on my blog i'm thinking...who is this? but once i saw (pollman) it clicked. i totally remember you. i'm glad i was able to check out your blog...your family is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete