CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

September 27, 2010

Walmart.....

So I walk into Walmart this morning and a cute little old man says hi to me and Cody and hands Cody a weekly ad. Cody took it and off we went to shop. Then I look down and see what I thought was a picture of President Monson. I took the ad from Cody's hand and sure enough....front and center at the top of the instore Walmart ad is a picture of President Monson. The ad was announcing the new book about him that is coming out. Right under that is the weekly sale on Mac-n-Cheese. I honestly, didn't know what to think at first. My initial thought was "oh my gosh I have to tell my friends in California!" Never would you see this in an ad in California and certainly not on the front, in big bold letters!! Then I thought, wow..this is really strange! As I walked around I thought about it more....and here is my reaction to this ad.....
I am lucky to live in a community where this is acceptable and where the general population is actually interested in the Prophet of God. I am happy to know that the ad the little old man is handing me and my son has a picture of the Prophet on it and not a group of girls in bikinis drinking beer. I am happy to know that I don't have to drive 30 minutes to a church book store to get uplifting church reading material. Seeing this ad really made me happy today and I am a little embarassed that my first reaction was that I thought it was odd and inappropriate.

(My friends back home are probably rolling their eyes at me....but that's ok! :) Life is good here in Idaho!)


On a very funny side note, the bottom part of that ad is full of specials on food storage! I am not joking either, I wish I had taken a picture of that before I had to use the ad as a napkin!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I am totally with you! Isnt it great?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the chosen land must be wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We roll our eyes a little but then realize how happy you are and it makes us smile!!

    ReplyDelete