CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

August 13, 2010

We have arrived!



I feel like I need to blog something about Idaho! We have been here for one week and so far so good. I forgot how much work moving is...unpacking is going well but we are still not done. Close, but not done. Here are some pictures of the areas of the house that I am willing to show pictures of. The boys rooms are still a mess and unorganized.

My sister Tessa lives in Boise and she decorated my house. I love it!!

She has a natural talent of putting things together and making it all match perfectly. She is on a mission to get me curtains and everything else I might need. I didn't even know I needed a kitchen valance until she told me!! :)

So here are a few major differences that have stood out:

Idaho:

-it is hot and humid here! HOT in the day and rainy stormy at night
-motorcyclists don't wear helmets (this trips my kids out!)
-gas is $2.92 a gallon
-my ward is a 1 sq mile and there are so many members we are splitting in a few weeks.
-elementary school is from 9:05am to 3:45pm (WHO in the world came up with this schedule?? not liking this!)
-fountain machines here have at least 10 choices!! It is like a little piece of heaven!
-NO Chevy's or Panera here. :(
-I can leave my garage door open and NOT worry about stuff getting stolen out of it. (I do lock my doors though :)
Besides no Chevy's, none of these are major issues and things feel right here. We miss our family and friends so much but we are excited to start a new life here. Now...when winter starts..I might be singing a different song!

8 comments:

  1. Yay...we have been waiting to hear from you. Of course it has only been one week and you are pretty much unpacked! Your house looks super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you guys! I love your place. Idaho sounds very much like Utah. Glad you are happy to be there. Just signed Bryce up for school today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks amazing - you and Tessa did a great job! I wish I could come have a tour in person :(. I'm jealous about your soda choices -- I bet you can get caffeine free diet at the fountain, huh?? Not fair!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you guys have been busy in one week!! I love the house!! Can Tessa come decorate, my house? Miss you! I'll visit Chevy's for you as much as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss you and my kids miss your kids. The house looks super cute. When are you coming to visit?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute house! Holy cow you unpack fast!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The house looks great. i would still have boxes all around. Mckenna misss you already at activity days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Despite the lack of California sunshine, I have such a special place in my heart for Idaho! Not the snow, mind you, but it can be super fun! And very pretty (just not in the roads where it gets slushy and dirty)! I'm sure your boys will love it!

    ReplyDelete